Also known as: Marijuana / Pot / Grass / Joints / Ganja
Cannabis comes from the hemp plant. The whole plant is dried and compressed into blocks until it looks like dried herbs or tea.
Cannabis causes a person’s mind to become addicted.
It contains a chemical that affects one’s mood and the way one sees and hears things. Cannabis affects one’s concentration and memory, hence it weakens the abuser’s ability to learn. Cannabis abusers are likely to move on to stronger and deadlier drugs.
- Inability to concentrate
- Slow reaction
- Distorted thinking and perception
- Poor balance and co-ordination
- Extreme anxiety, depression, confusion and paranoia (irrational fear or suspicion)
- Decline in motivation and the drive in long-term users
- Moodiness, irritability, anxiety and tension